TCF Chairperson Dr. Thein Lwin attend and present about "Critical Thinking, pedagogy, and curriculum quality" at the Southeast Asia Education Conference at the Anantara Siam Hotel in Bangkok on 25-27 October 2019 organised by Open Society Foundation. Under the main themes of the conference, "Critical Thinking and Academic Freedom", the following topics are discussed:
1. Conflict and education
2. Migration, displacement, and multi-lingual education
3. Higher education in Cambodia
4. Implications of religiously affiliated education institutions
5.Critical thinking, pedagogy, and curriculum quality
6. ASPBAE: Education sector planning process
7. Community.based / alternative / non-formal education
8. Issues of integrity and transparency in education systems and institutions
9. Climate change, the environment, and education
10. The role of international donors in education reform process
11. Challenges to inclusive education
12. The growth of private actors in education: roles and implications
The TCF Team led by Dr. Thein Lwin present on Active Learning and Critical Thinking RWCT strategies on 18 October 2019 attended by 100 teachers from ten Church-based schools operated in Moe Kaung and Hopin Townships. On 19 October, The Team present Education for Sustainable Development (SDG-4) and Abidjan Principles with the same participants. The Team also meets the parents from three schools near by villages in the evening of 18 October and introduce on SDG-4.7 and Global Citizenship.
Dr. Thein Lwin, Sai Hsai Loen Kham and Ms. Hawng Tsai of Thinking Classroom Foundation lead the workshop on school-based education reform in Myitkyina on 14-15 October 2019 attended by 40 participants from 34 Church-based schools run by Kachin Education Foundation. On 16-17 October 2019, TCF team lead the discussion on Teacher Education with the Kachin Education Institute.
Thinking Classroom Foundation and University of Yangon jointly organise a workshop on Critical Thinking in Higher Education at the Research Centre of the University of Yangon on 7-11 October 2019. The participants are sixteen professors and lecturers from the University of Yangon. Dr. Thein Lwin, Chairperson of the Foundation leads the workshop.
Dr. Thein Lwin, Chairperson of the Foundation attends and delivers an opening speech at the World Teachers' Day 2019 celebrated at the University of Yangon jointly organised by the Representative Committee of University Teachers' Association and Basic Teachers' Association on 5 October 2019.
Ms. Hawng Tsai, Program Director of the Foundation participates in the Capacity Building on the Right to Education and the Abidjan Principles in Bangkok on 4-6 October 2019.